Here are 6 benefits of cork flooring:
- Durable. Cork is a highly durable product and is resistant to cracking and abrasions. It is also impermeable to gas and liquid making it a great choice for wet or high traffic areas. Cork flooring also bounces back, so indentations caused by furniture won’t be permanent. When properly maintained, cork flooring can last 30 years or more.
- Healthy. Cork is a natural product so it is resistant to mould and mildew. It is a ‘clean’ material so does not collect dust making it a healthy choice in your home.
- Safe. Cork will only melt or ignite at very high temperatures making it a safe material to have in your home. It also generates less smoke and releases far less toxins that other flooring such as vinyl.
- Comfortable. Cork is a natural thermal and an acoustic insulator so it keeps your house warm in winter and cool in summer. It also provides a naturally quiet room due to its acoustic qualities and the unique cellular structure. A cork floor provides a comfortable cushion underfoot because it “gives” when compressed.
- Aesthetically versatile. Cork flooring has come a long way since the days of orange curtains and beaded doorways. This fantastic product has been modernized to adapt to the new millennium with metallic sheens, vibrant colours and a variety of shapes and sizes. The colour is fused into the polyurethane and coated onto the tiles or planks. Take a look at our range HERE.
- Practical. Cork is a very durable and long lasting product that can be cleaned easily and dyed to the colour you require.